Monday 19 March 2012

MY Favorite Snaps! - Ginger Variety

Today is my baking day.  My husband goes back to work tomorrow and he needs his lunch filled with home-baked goodness.  I usually make a batch of muffins (see previous posts for some of our favourites) and a batch of cookies or squares.  So I was busy whipping up Blueberry Bran muffins and Gingersnap cookies.

I have been in the cookie doldrums lately....sick of chocolate chip, sick of everything.  I didn't bake cookies for about 3 weeks. We ate Dad's cookies and Oreos.....  But then I discovered Joy the Baker's site and was inspired to make some jam cookies.  Very good...I think I will post it once I have perfected it.

 This is a recipe I have perfected!! They are amazing!  This recipe comes from David's auntie Helen.  She then passed the recipe onto Mickey, my mom in law, who then passed it on to me!!! YAHOO!  I wasn't really happy with my previous version as they were too dry... but THESE.....so moist and chewy and gingery.  The Best.  


see how crinkly and snappy they look!


First cream sugar and butter


Add egg and molasses - use the fancy kind...not blackstrap


 Mix in dry ingredients. Blend on low speed till combined.


Roll into balls and shake in sugar...or roll in sugar...which ever you like best.


so nice :)


place on parchment (or ungreased) covered baking sheet. Do not press the balls down.  They will spread on their own!  

Bake 350 degrees for 8 - 10 minutes!



So if you are in the mood for some spicy chewy little snaps bake these babies up!  In a snap!  Here is the recipe!


3/4 cup of soft butter or margarine
1 cup  white sugar

1 egg
1/3 cup of fancy molasses

Cream sugar and butter, mix in egg and molasses.

2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp of ground ginger
1 tsp of cinnamon
1/2 tsp of salt

Add dry ingredients to same bowl as wet.  Mix until well combined.

Roll into balls and shake or roll in white sugar.  Place on parchment covered or ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.  Let cool a minute before removing from sheet.

1 comment:

  1. love it Rose! Especially that you posted on tasty kitchen blog! Way to go... you're going to be famous :)
    the pictures look great!!

    ReplyDelete