Friday 17 August 2012

Blueberry Saskatoon Yogurt Pops







I have been soooo busy these past few days!  Picking Saskatoons, Raspberries, making Peach jam, pondering what to do with zucchini, waiting impatiently for my cucumbers to come in....yep, busy. Summer busy - playing with the kiddos, going camping, drinking some lovely whites with my husband. Ahhh, the dog days of Summer....where did that name come from anyways....

I love the Dog Days of August.  Summer is slowly fading away....:( but the harvest is coming and in abundance!!!  I love the dusty smells of farmer's fields as they make hay bales, the yellowing crops against a bright blue sky, the syrupy smells that come from my kitchen.  Yep, I love August!

So as I begin to anticipate fall I realise that I haven't made as many frozen treats for my kids as I thought I would. I was SOOO EXCITED for my dixie cups and popsicle sticks.  Alas, I fell trap to the pre-made, sugah filled brand name popsicles....but I have a recipe here that will redeem me!  It is a three ingredient, healthy, creamy popsicle.  Enjoy a cold treat one more time before you break out the soup pot for fall.


Blueberry Saskatoon Yogurt Pops

What you need:

1 cup of pureed blueberries (or saskatoons)
1 cup saskatoon yogurt (or vanilla if you can't find the saskatoon stuff)
2 TBSP of honey.

What to do:


1. Puree blueberries in your blender (or Magic Bullet :))



Looking good!



2. In a bowl mix yogurt and honey. This is the brand of Saskatoon yogurt I like.  It's a Canadian thing. I love it!  If you do not have Saskatoon yogurt use vanilla or plain, or blueberry!)


3. Now spoon fruit puree and yogurt into molds interchangeably.


4. Now for the fun part. Using a knife or skewer as I did swirl the mixture so it blends a bit.  



5. Place the sticks into the molds and freeze for a few hours until set.  Then pull these babies out and enjoy them guilt-free!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment