Wednesday 10 October 2012

Sweet Cinnamon Apple Dip


Apples....not really my most favorite fruit, BUT I do seem to enjoy them a lot more in the fall time.  Maybe its because I have filled up on strawberries, cherries, blueberries, and raspberries all summer and are pretty much sick of them...Maybe its the promise of cooler evenings and the scent of apple crisp baking with sweet and spicy cinnamon.  Ahhh, I LOVE apples and cinnamon together.  They are a marriage made in baking heaven....and also in a dip!

This sweet little ditty blends brown sugar, cream cheese, and cinnamon to make a lovely accompaniment to some sweet-tart apples.  Gala are my favorite!  So if you can't whip up a pie or crisp and are craving the sweet flavors of apple and cinnamon this dip is the way to go!!!  Enjoy!!!



Sweet Cinnamon Apple Dip

adapted: Kraft Canada.


What you Need:

250 g (1 pkg.)  brick cream cheese, softened
  2 Tbsp. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg 
 4 Tbsp. milk
4 apples, each cut into slices

What you Do:

 Here is my way cool apple corer and peeler.  LOVE IT!!!

A little artistic work with the peelings...Yep I have THAT much time on my hands apparently. :)

 1. With a hand blender beat first 4 ingredients until smooth.
 
2.  Serve with apples and graham crackers for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment