Tuesday 20 August 2013

Rosemary Olive Oil Popcorn



What does Movie Night at your house look like?

Maybe it's like at my house - filled with animated cartoons, popcorn, Smarties, licorice and pop or floats....It is fun! ....BUT....

What do you wish Movie Night looked like?

A lot less cartoons?  Less popcorn mess?  Maybe minus the red dye candy and cheap chocolate?

Me....My ideal Movie Night would be a historical fiction or "based on" movie, a glass of wine, cozy blanket on the couch with my hubby and some refined snacks.....a GOOD chocolate (Lindt - Dark Chocolate with Sea Salt...fav!!!) and a savory nibbly.  Be it a hot savory dip with Multigrain tortilla chips or......a fancy-shmancy popcorn....

I do ADORE popcorn.. But I ADORE it more when its "Fancy"  I'm a bit of a snob really.  I like it with Sweet and Salty....I like it with different flavor powders that you get from the store.....I like it caramel, or covered in this...Candy Popcorn....

Or...whilst watching fancy movies...I like it this way!

Rosemary Olive Oil Popcorn

adapted from Alaska from Scratch

  • 1/4c unpopped popcorn, popped however you like to pop it!
  • 2 Tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon chopped rosemary (fresh or dried)
  • 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Instructions
  1. Put popped popcorn in a bowl. 
  2. In a small bowl, mix together oil and seasonings until well combined. Drizzle over popcorn. Stir popcorn until popcorn is well coated. Taste for seasoning and adjust where you like.
  3. Serve hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment