It's been a week since Trick or Treat day and my kids haven't really put a dent in their "stash". Being that they are 5 and 3....we do keep an eye on their candy vs fruit ratio. The nice thing is that I don't have to make dessert till...like....Christmas! Alas, my husband and I are also trying to keep a lid on our sweets consumption too. We both love mini chocolate bars....so addicting....
Here is my Lightning Mcqueen and Captain America!
Daddy's pumpkin...SO COOL!
For Trick or Treat day we had a special pizza supper before the kids went out and we opened up for business at our house. I also made a homemade treat reminicient of trick or treating when we were kids...(which was a decent amount of time ago.....eek!)
This recipe is incredible! I am making this at Christmas but in red and green colors. So yummy too. I preffered it to the candy and ate my quota and then some! This recipe is also really easy to make! Few ingredients, not much time, and you got yourself an amazing snack! Totally make this!!!!
What you Need:
12 cups popped popcorn
1 can of sweetened Condensed Milk (11 or 14 oz works)
1 package of your favorite flavor of flavored gelatin (3 oz)
What you Do:
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Line a large roasting pan with tinfoil, extending the foil over the edges of the pan. Spray with cooking spray (or grease pan with margerine or butter)
3. Making sure that you have removed all the unpopped corn, place popcorn into prepared pan.
4. Combine sweetened condensed milk, and dry gelatin in a medium saucepan.
5. Heat and stir on LOW- MED heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly. (5 minutes) STIR CONTINUALLY SO THE MIXTURE DOESN"T BURN!!!!!!
6. Pour mixture over popcorn. Carefully combine mixture using a wooden spoon.
7. Bake mixture for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
8. Turn out popcorn onto greased tinfoil sheets. Cool completely and break into clusters.
9. CONSUME IN GREAT AMOUNTS...you won't be able to help yourself!!! Store any leftovers in an air-tight container for a few days.