This month I decided I would jump on theeeee oooool' bandwagon and make sweet chocolate treats. I got a lovely chocolate banana bread coming up, some sweet cookies.....and I can't wait.......Brownies with WINE in them! They are for my beloved on Valentines day.....MMMMWah!
Today's offering is THE BEST peanut butter cookie recipe I've ever eaten. Really! My family ate them and they don't normally like cookies with peanut butter in them. It's a principle that they have held to since the beginning of time and they weren't about to change unless they were bribed with chocolate. So, here is a lovely Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookie. Enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Cookies
adapted from: How Crazy CooksWhat you Need:
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- ½ cups Brown Sugar
- ½ cups Sugar
- 1 whole Large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- ½ teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup of chocolate chips
- Extra Sugar As Needed For Rolling Dough
What to do: 1. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
2. Measure peanut butter, sugars, egg, baking soda, vanilla, and salt into a large mixing bowl. Mix all ingredients together until they are thoroughly combined.
3. Gently stir in chocolate chips.
4. Roll 1 generous tablespoon of dough into a ball. Roll each ball in the extra sugar. Place dough balls at least 2″ apart on a baking sheet lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire cooling rack.
ENJOY!!! SO GOOD!!