Tuesday 12 March 2013

WHAT??? Spinach in a smoothie??? Go on!!




The first time I heard about putting leafy things in my blender filled with fruit was from a friend of mine who was working on getting her kids to eat more veggies.  It totally astounded me that they 1. drank the smoothie, and 2. Enjoyed it!  Didn't taste like salad at ALL!

So, my curiosity was piqued.  I do like veggies, but sometimes I balk at eating them.  Of course as a good mom I make my kids eat them all the time.....But I need my mom to phone me and tell me to eat more veggies...Ok mom, text me....:)

So I went on Pinterest and saw this great recipe for adding leafy greens to a tasty fruit smoothie. I tried it and LOVED IT!  Went through a whole bag of spinach and didn't have to throw any of it away because it went bad!  YAHOO!  Veggies that don't taste like veggies!  Revolutionary I know!  I drink this smoothie quite regularly.   Feel free to make as many adaptations as you can!


My Green Smoothie

1 handful of spinach leaves
1 cup of vanilla almond milk  (feel free to use whatever "milk" product you like here)
1/2 cup of lime Greek yogurt  (other flavors would be great too)
1 kiwi peeled and cut up
1/2 - 1 cup frozen peaches
1/2 a banana

* adding ground flax seed would be wonderful as well.  

What to do:

Place all ingredients into blender.  Blend until smooth and pour into children's and your glasses.  Place straw into cup.  SLURP UP WONDERFULNESS! 






1 comment:

  1. :D Sounds good! We've never tried Almond milk before. We'll have to give that a shot.

    P.S. Your food photos just keep getting better!

    ReplyDelete