Wednesday 15 May 2013

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins




Well....the wind is back.....with a vengeance.  It blew off part of the roofs of a couple of businesses in town yesterday, and tons of shingles and branches.  Ugh, wind...takes it outta me.  Thankfully the only damage at our house was a few blown over bedding plants... Whew!


In my previous "before children life", I was a teacher.  I had the privilege of teaching Pre-school, Grade 3 and Kindergarten.  I loved/love teaching and I am so glad that I get to substitute teach occasionally now that my kiddos are getting older.  Anyways....

Grade 3's have to write these summative tests called P.A.T.'s.  Provincial Achievement Tests.  They write them in Language Arts and Math.  There is alot of controversy about these tests and I won't go into detail about my thoughts on them.  They are a requirement right now so why not make them as easy-going as we can.  As a teacher I had juice boxes and cookies for my students and an EXTRA long recess after each test.  The kids looked forward to these rewards for their perseverance.  This year, to help the Parent Council at our school I made some muffins for a Grade 3 class.  My privilege to do so.  Kids and teachers work so hard to reach this point and deserve a little treat.

When it comes to kid-pleasing muffins......Banana Chocolate Chip is the way to go....Let me tell ya.  So I have this version that is pretty perfect in my opinion....and MY kids.  (That's all that matters to me :)) I'll share it with you for anytime kids in your house, school, or neighbourhood need some treats to help them along.....:)

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

adapted from Company's Coming

What you need:

1 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 cup of sugar
3 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 cup of chocolate chips


1 egg
1/4 cup of milk
1/4 cup of oil (I like canola)
3 medium RIPE bananas mashed

In a large bowl, combine  dry ingredients and stir. 

In a medium bowl, add egg and whisk with a fork until frothy, add milk, oil and bananas.  

Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir into batter.  Don't over mix as the muffins will be tough.

Spoon batter into greased muffin tins or tin with muffin liners.  Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.  Makes 12 - 14 muffins.

So very yummy!







No comments:

Post a Comment