Friday 21 June 2013

Fresh Spearmint Iced tea

 Yes, I watch Duck Dynasty.......I admit it.  I tried hard to resist, as I was afeared that my IQ would drop drastically (can't afford drastic...believe me) that and my Red Neckian Northern Albertan neighbours would say that they were slowly drawing me into their clutches!  Alas I did wear plaid this past fall but in my defence...IT WAS IN STYLE!!!

Anyways, I say all of that to say this....they drink an awful lot of "sweet tea" on that show. I would too if I live in Louisiana.  And as it is the season of sun and I do really like tea (hot or cold) I discovered this new recipe that I had to try.  My spearmint plant drove me to this recipe as it was growing out of control.  But hey, now its gonna be real short....really short as I LOVE this iced tea!


This recipe is a blend of fresh herbs, spices, and black tea.  A wonderful combo that will brighten your day.  So let's get making some tea.  Si would be proud.....;)


Spearmint Iced Tea
- adapted from Emaril

What you Need:

1 cup of fresh Spearmint leaves
2 Orange Pekoe Tea bags ( I love Tetley)
5 whole cloves
1/4  cup of sugar
4 cups of boiling water.

What you Do:

1.  Boil water in your kettle.

2.  In a heat resistant bowl or saucepan place spearmint, tea bags, cloves and sugar.  

3.  Pour in water and steep for 5 minutes.

4.  Strain solids.

**You can drink this tea hot if ya like.  It is delicious!  But if ya like and iced tea, cool tea in fridge.  When cool, pour over ice in a glass and savour!

No comments:

Post a Comment