Saturday 19 October 2013

Pumpkin Loaf with Maple Glaze



We are full on into October!  I am so thankful that there is no snow yet.  :)  When you live up as north as we do you are grateful for everyday that is snow-less.

So I've got my Pumpkin everything groove on.  I made these lovely Pumpkin Spice Meringue cookies a couple of weeks ago.  They were GOOOOOOD.  Though Auntie Evelyn wasn't so sure about them.  Oh well.  I had requests to bring them for Thanksgiving dinner. 

Funny thing about Thanksgiving dinner....No one made Pumpkin Pie.....Thank goodness I had a slice left at home.  David and I enjoyed it with a glass of red when we got home.

This past week I decided that I still haven't had enough pumpkin in my life and one MUST go overboard in this area....So I made this delicious Pumpkin Loaf with Maple Glaze.  The glaze is a must!!!!!!  Totally adds to the loaf.  The loaf is good on its own....It's my mom's recipe!!!.....but made stellar with the glaze.

So we must continue the Pumpkin TRAIN!!!!  October is only half over....


What happens in Novemeber?  We transition to chocolate???

ANYWAYS!

Pumpkin Loaf with Maple Glaze


What you Need:

1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg

3/4 cup of granulated sugar
1/4 cup of corn syrup
2 eggs
1/2 cup of oil
1 cup canned pumpkin puree

Glaze:

2 TBSP of butter or margarine
1/4 cup of maple syrup
1 cup icing (confectioner's) sugar


What to do:

Loaf

1.  Beat sugar, syrup,oil, and eggs in a large bowl.  Add pumpkin puree, and beat to combine.

2.  In a smaller bowl, combine all dry ingredients.  Stir to combine.

3.  Add dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and combine well.  But don't over mix.

4.  Pour into a greased loaf tin and bake in a  pre-heated 325 degrees F. oven.

Bake for 60 minutes.  Check for doneness by inserting a wooden skewer into middle of loaf.  If it comes out "clean" it is done.  If it comes out with a bit of batter on it, continue to bake for 5 minute intervals until the skewer comes out clean.

Let cool in pan 10 minutes.  Remove from loaf pan.  Let cool.

Make glaze:

In a small saucepan, melt butter and maple syrup over medium heat.

Remove from heat and whisk in the icing sugar.

Pour over Pumpkin Loaf.

You may want to let the glaze harden, but one is more than welcome to slice the loaf with warm drizzly glaze running down each slice...Mmmm.  I think a cup of chai tea would go lovely with this.....I'm gonna go brew a mug.  Enjoy!






2 comments:

  1. Looks so yummy! How many loaves does it yield?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, but what size can pumpkin puree?

    ReplyDelete