Wednesday 15 January 2014

Choco-Cranberry Granola Balls

      We are mid month here....and we just had a huge wind storm and warm temperatures.  Put that together.....ya got a lot of icy roads.  So we had "snow" day here in northern Alberta.  Sun shining...but no school....Buses can't iceskate...a proven fact.  So the boys are maxin' and relaxin' watching Turbo and having a picnic in the livingroom. 

For me, I am realizing that it seems that whatever I plan for my day....may change...and right now it usually is.  Whaddya do?  I am learning to roll with it.  :)

As I've had a bit more time to visit a few of my favorite blog sites these past few days I found a wonderfully, WAY TOO EASY recipe for some no-bake granola bars.  I really didn't realize HOW EASY they are and HOW TASTY too.  Simple ingredients, 15 minutes...presto....a wonderful snack.  Way better than any granola bar out of a box. 

Choco-Cranberry Granola Balls
adapted from Two Peas and their Pod

What You Need:

1/3 cup of honey
1/4 cup of smooth peanut butter
2 Tbsp of butter or margerine
1 Tbsp of maple syrup
1 cup of crisp rice cereal
1 cup of old fashion oats
1/3 cup of dried cranberries
1/3 cup of chocolate chips

What You Do:

1.  In a medium saucepan on medium heat combine honey, peanut butter, maple syrup, and butter.  Melt, stirring until smooth.  Remove from heat.

2.  Add cereal, oats, and cranberries. Stir to combine.  Wait 8-10 minutes to allow mixture to cool, and then add chocolate chips. Stir to combine.

3.  Spoon into medium sized muffin cups and put in them into the fridge for about 15 minutes to set. 

4.  I did keep these in the fridge because I liked them cool, but you don't have to.  Room temperature is fine.



No comments:

Post a Comment