Wednesday 29 January 2014

Ginger-Pineapple Tea.




January has been quite the interesting month weather wise....While December was all about SNOW....January...has been about MELTING SNOW.  We've had a short stint of spring like weather with warm temperature, ice EVERYWHERE (hence a few no school days), and lots of sunshine.  I loved it!  Especially the sun.  Made me feel GOOD, anticipation for spring...I pinned a tonne of gardening things on Pinterest and bought some cool planters....

Today though....its snowing.  And that is okay.  It's doing what January is supposed to do.  I am thankful for the sunshine we had though.

So to warm myself on day such as today I am making some tea.  Ginger Tea....with pineapple and honey.  Comfort in a cup.  I won't go into all the benefits of ginger...but I do love that it calms my tummy as I sip it as well as just helping calm ME.  So maybe today you could use some tea....

Ginger-Pineapple Tea

What you Need:

sliced fresh ginger (peeled) about 2 inches.
1-2 wedges of pineapple
1 tsp of honey
1 1/2 cups of boiling water

What you Do:

1.  Peel and slice about 2 inches of fresh ginger.  Coarsely chop.  Coarsely chop pineapple wedge.

2.  In your favorite mug combine ginger, pineapple, honey and water.  Steep for 8 minutes.

3.  Strain solids and enjoy tea.

*** If you have a large loose tea infuser you can use this to steep the tea as well.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment