Monday 9 July 2012

Homemade Chocolate Icecream!! Oh MY!!!






It's my birthday coming up and I have been telling my family to remind my husband to buy me an Ice Cream maker for about 4 months now.  I really wanted it to be imprinted into his brain....I knew that I was going to really get this gift when we were in Canadian Tire and I saw the ONE I wanted....on sale...

So forget surprise..."oh you shouldn't have" or "how did you know?"  I showed him....therefore he bought it!  And boy am I glad he did!  He is too....he gets to benefit from this gift as well....Benefit being a bit of a loose interpretation as we will both need to go to aquasizing now...(Funny picture in my head right now...heehee...)

Anyways, one must try out said gift as SOON as possible to ensure that it works correctly.  So I went out and purchased the needed ingredients and set to work.  Wowza!  I will never eat store bought icecream (or so called icecream) again....


Here she be....in all her glory... and yes that is a deer head in my dining room....

Yummy Home made Chocolate Ice Cream

You will need:

3/4 cup of sifted cocoa powder
1/2 cup of sugar
1/3 cup of brown sugar packed
pinch of salt
1 cup of homo milk
2 cups whipping (heavy) cream
1/2 tablespoon of vanilla extract

What to do: 




1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa, sugars, and salt.


2. Add the milk, heavy cream, and vanilla.  Whisk until the cocoa and sugars are dissolved.  Cover and refridgerate 2 hours or overnight.


Time to make icecream!  In my machine I take out the frozen freezer bowl from my freezer and place on machine.  I then turn it on and pour in ingredients.  We let it mix for 15 minutes or so, until thickened.  You do what your machine tells you to do....


Here is what it looks like at the beginning of the process


15 minutes later....Wahoo!

We then scooped it out into a freezer friendly container and let it get firmer in the freezer.


 

A couple of hours later.....oh boy....THE BEST ICE CREAM EVER!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my goodness!! I have to try this...I've only made vanilla ice cream and this looks WAY yummier!! (This was a cute post too--I love it and I love you guys!)

    ReplyDelete