Anyways, I discovered this recipe from Kraft Canada and I tweaked it to suit my tastings. I love this recipe. It truly is easy to do and looks FANTASTIC! I told my sister about this and she made it and loved it as well. Everyone thought she was a gourmet cook. And she was! One day recently we both made it on the same day....like weird.....Didn't even tell each other that we were going to do it....Sister telepathy....(ok, not really, just mutual cravings for comforting chicken) Make this for a quick meal for the family, or double it for company fare. The secret is Puff Pastry for the crust...so flaky and buttery...why would anyone make a pie crust again...
What you need:
2 Tablespoons of Zesty Italian type dressing
1 lb. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
3 cups of frozen mixed veggies (any mix)
1 can can (10 fl oz/284 mL) condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 a package (397 g) frozen puffed pastry, thawed
1 egg, lightly beaten
What to do:
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Heat dressing in large skillet.
3. Add chicken and cook and stir till cooked through. About 5 minutes.
4. Stir in vegetables and soup. Cook for 2 minutes.
5. Pour into a greased 9 inch square baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Set aside.
6. Roll out block of pastry on lightly floured surface to fit baking dish;
7. Place over chicken mixture, and fold under edges of pastry. Make sure it covers the pan area and tuck it in.
8. Brush with beaten egg and cut several slits in top crust to allow steam to escape.
9. Bake 30 minutes, or until deep golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.