The Lowly Cauliflower....Who knew it could be elevated to such GREATNESS! Truly, this salad will be a staple this summer, as I need to spread the word about it!
I first encountered this salad at a church potluck. Alas, I was serving and by the time I got in line to eat it was GONE! A true testimony to its AWESOMENESS! But, I was in luck....The maker of this knockout salad had a daughter who is equally amazing at making said salad and she made it for the next church potluck. And this time I pushed and shoved to the front of the line and was able to taste and savour THE BEST SUMMER SALAD EVER!!
Ok, I think you get the idea. It is awesome, amazing, brilliant and......cauliflower....with a secret power...Nacho Chips!
On with the recipe.
You Need to go and IMMEDIATELY AFTER READING THIS AND BUY:
1 head of cauliflower
4 green onions
1/2 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup of mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
1 TBSP of Taco Seasoning
1 Bag of Nacho Tortilla chips - slightly crunched into smaller pieces.
What to do:
Ah here she is the Foxy Lady...
1. Chop up cauliflower into bite-sized pieces
2. Also chop up green onions.
3. Combine in large bowl...(easy so far eh?!)
4. In separate bowl combine sour cream, mayo (or Miracle Whip), and taco seasoning.
5. Mix well. If you want you can do above steps earlier in the day and have them ready for when you need them.
6. Make sure these are crunched to a smaller size.
7. Right before you want to serve this salad, combine dressing and cauliflower mixture.
8. Add crunched taco chips. Combine well and serve to happy people!!! They will be happy to know that the salad isn't just greens...but TACO CHIPS!!!