Tuesday 5 June 2012

Oreo Rice Krispy Treats


I have been in the cookie doldrums lately.  I have NO ambition to bake little circles of sugar, butter and flour....( You can see my need for inspiration in this area)  BUT, I have been enjoying making SQUARES!  Yep, (maybe its the shape) little square or large rectangle bites of goodness have been cut out of my 9x13 pan this past few weeks.  Puffed Wheat, Marshmallow confetti.....and now......Rice Krispies with a twist!


If you have been in the cookie doldrums lately, get out your krispy cereal, marshmallows, oh and buddah...


Oreo Rice Krispy Treats

What you need:

1/4 cup of butter
1 pkg of marshmallows (250 gram)
5 cups of Rice Crisp cereal
2 cup of chopped Oreo cookies (about 16)




The ingredients....looks familiar, yet different...


 First coarsely chop cookies.


 **** make sure you grease a 9x13 pan***

Secondly, in large pot on medium low heat melt butter and marshmallows.



 Thirdly, stir in cereal and cookie chunks.

 

Quickly combine evenly.

 

Fourthly, press into greased 9x13 pan.  In my pan here I did half with cookies and half without as my husband is a Rice Krispy Square purist....


Fifthly, let squares set and then cut and enjoy!!!  

I love that these are familiar yet different.  A great variation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment