Wednesday 27 June 2012

Sunny Day Tea



Summer is upon us!  And thankfully...this year.....there is some summer!  To celebrate this lush, hot, and "play outside" weather I am making a drink that will be our staple all summer.  Sunny Day Tea!  We love this tea over ice and with a lemon wedge!  The best part....we can play while the sun does all the work.  That is MY kind of summer!!!

What you need:
2 - 3 Litres of  COLD water
10 teabags
1/2 cup lemon juice
3/4 cup of sugar
Lemons for garnish.


It all begins with a big jar, or use a glass pitcher. (just make sure you can cover it) Fill with COLD water.  This makes the tea not bitter as it brews.

Add 10 teabags.  I love Tetley Orange Pekoe.



Place in direct sunlight.  And leave it for about 4 hours.  Longer is okay too.


Remove teabags, add sugar and lemon juice and serve over ice!  Refridgerate and drink when thirsty!



Oh look, I didn't lift a finger and I have home made Ice tea! All I did was lounge  in a chair, read a book and get sunburned! 


1 comment:

  1. LOVE the picture of the tea in the glass! I have a similar recipe, but I boil the water - it's faster but doesn't look as fun to do as this one! Might have to give this a try. :)

    ReplyDelete