Monday 24 September 2012

pumpkin chocolate chip snacking cake




Yes, I am totally on a "Pumpkin" kick!  I wholeheartedly embrace the orange squash and I hope to make many wonderful treats with pumpkin this fall season.  You'll either love me or detest me....I do hope you love me...:)   Did you know that I actually tried growing pumpkins this year....


As you can see my success wasn't great.....Oh well.  Thank goodness for grocery stores:)  But my tomatoes are still coming in vast amounts!!!


I am so proud of these.. I grew them from seed and everything!!  Anyways....back to pumpkins...


Recently I was introduced to this beautiful and easy snacking cake recipe.  At a family gathering my husband's, cousin's wife Melissa brought this delightful brownie to eat as dessert.  Well....it was heavenly and my husband promptly asked me to add it to things I WILL make sooner than later list. 

So here is the sooner:)

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Snacking Cake (aka brownie)

- adapted from Pennies on a Platter


 What you need:

1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1 tbsp vegetable or canola oil
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp salt
2/3 cup brown sugar, packed
1/4 - 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips


What you do: (sooner than later....you'll thank me, and I thank Melissa, who also thanks Pinterest...:)

1.  Preheat oven to 350˚F.

2. Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray

3.  In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree, eggs and oil until smooth.  Set aside.

4.  In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, spices, salt and brown sugar.

5.  Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix thouroughly, but try not to overmix.  Stir in the chocolate chips.

6.   Pour into prepared pan and spread evenly.  Bake for 15 – 25 minute.  You want a toothpick to come out clean when you poke into it. Then you know its done.

7.  Cool completely and then devour!!

1 comment:

  1. I made it into your blog! yay! lol It really was yummy, and can't wait for the next family gathering where we can try more of each others recipes!

    ReplyDelete